Steps To Play Texas Hold'em Online
Do you want to learn to play poker games? Start with Texas holdem. Texas Holdem is one of the easiest games for poker beginners to begin learning. If you practice thoroughly for a few days, you can play quite well. To learn to play texas hold em poker, it is very important to understand the game well and play it quite often. This article offers the very basic understanding of the game.
An Introduction To Texas Holdem Poker - The Best Game To Learn To Play Poker
- The game starts with posting where depending upon the structure of betting and preset limits, the players would place blinds and antes.
- The dealer takes a standard deck of 52 playing cards and shuffles it up.
- The dealer deals two private cards, kept face down, to each player. These cards are also called pocket cards or hole cards.
- The first round of betting - preflop round - starts with the player sitting left of the blinds. Here players can call, raise, or fold.
- After the betting round, the dealer discards the top most card (also known as the burn card) from the deck to prevent cheating.
- The next step is the 'flop.' Here the dealer takes three cards from the deck and flips them face up on the table. These are community cards that can be used by any player in conjunction with their own pocket cards in order to form a poker hand.
- In order to learn to play poker, it is important to master the art of betting. After the flop round, the next betting round gets started with the player sitting left to the dealer.
- Once the betting gets over, the dealer again discards the burn card and flips one more card face up on to the table. This is the 'turn.'
- Another betting round follows. In this round, it is typically seen that the bet size is doubled up.
- After the betting gets over, the dealer discards the burn card and one last time flips a final card face up on the table. This is the 'river.' Now is the time for players to make their hands by using from the five community cards and two pocket cards. Each player should form a five card poker hand.
- The last round of betting follows.
- Then follows the showdown. The players who have still not folded, have to reveal their hands now. The player, to the left of the final player who has called, has to start revealing the hand.
- The player with the best hand wins the game.
Once you learn to play poker with the most basic Texas Hold em game, you would slowly get the feel of the online poker. Gradually, with regular playing and applying proper strategies, you would be able to master the game.
There are many online poker rooms that offer a wide range of play money tables where poker novices can play for free. You can practice at such free games and slowly learn to play poker in the online environment. When you feel that you are ready to move to the real money tables, sigh up with any online poker room and start enjoying your poker game.